I did it! I staggered over the finish line clutching my energy drink and feeling my legs get wobbly. I checked my finish time and yes, I made it. 100 hundred ideas in 100 days.
Here are the final ten.
91. Go to the grocery store and find something to use as an alternative art supply. I used a toothbrush and ink.
92. Use a natural object or plant as a brush or pen. I used some ornamental grass in a bunch as a brush then one stem as a pen.
93. Write a poem about Tacos! Maybe an illustration to go with it. Here’s mine
Do you like tacos?
I can’t get enough
But only if they are filled
With lots of tasty stuff.
94. Start a sketchbook at the back and work forward.
95. Draw or cut out two faces which are about the same size and facing the same direction. Cut each in half and stick the mis-matches together to make a new face.
96. Write a children’s story. Make it into a book, or a comic strip or just on stapled sheets of paper. Make it long or short, rhyming or just pictures.
97. Make sun prints. Put sheets of construction paper outside in direct sun. Place some objects on the paper and leave it for a few hours. Remove the objects and admire your prints.
98. Use your sun prints. Make them onto characters or into a pattern.
99. Use found objects to create a picture.
100. Some of my favourite books on creating –
Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces by Jane Davenport
Journal It by Jenny Doh
Doodle a Day by Chris Riddell
Illustration School – Let’s Draw by Sachiko Omit
Creative Revolution by Flora Bowley
Ladies Drawing Night by Julia Rothman, Leah Goren and Rachael Cole
Make Your Own Ideabook by Arne and Carlos
Creative Girl by Danielle Donaldson
Draw Every Day, Draw Every Way by Jennifer Orkin Lewis (August Wren)
Little Book of Bookmaking by Charlotte Rivers
Craft for the Soul by Pip Lincolne
Your Inner Critic is a Big Jerk by Danielle Krysa (The Jealous Curator)
Phew! All done. I feel like I had some good ideas and some slightly not so amazing ideas, but I had 100 of them and I used the blank catalogue cards I bought at a school estate sale earlier this year to write them all on. Now I have a lovely pile of idea cards for when I am in need of a creative boost.
Congratulations to everyone who took part in The 100 day project and thanks to Elle and Lindsay for organizing and encouraging!
Happy Wedndsdau x