It is my birthday today and it is snowing! Hurrah!
I snagged an idea from the lovely Greta at Gfunkified to write 45 things about me on my 45th birthday. So, here goes.
45 at 45.
1. I am 45 today.
2. I have a degree in Fashion Design.
3. I am reading ‘Everything I Never Told You’ by Celeste Ng.
4. My favourite music at the minute is Twenty One Pilots, George Ezra and Max Jury.
5. I was a teen of the 80’s and my favourite music then was Madness, The Specials, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
6. I would like to have met Roald Dahl.
7. I like caramel shortbread very much, thankfully I don’t see it much over here.
8. My favourite season is Autumn.
9. I prefer to be cold than hot.
10. I like scarves. A lot.
11. My favourite way to exercise is hiking, pilates, yoga, boxing and running (sometimes…).
12. My favourite films ever are Cinema Paradiso and Pretty in Pink, although I haven’t seen either lately, so I might not like them anymore!
13. I would like to learn better photo taking.
14. I would like to learn how to do lovely hand lettering.
15. I bake lots of cakes and cookies.
16. Bread is one of my favourite things to make.
17. I collect old buttons.
18. I love snail mail.
19. When I was a teen I got black highlights in my hair which was so dark anyway, I am pretty sure you couldn’t even see them!
20. When I was a teen I was a goth.
21. I love washi tape but never quite know what to do with it.
22. I like to eat raw peas, preferably from the garden, straight off the plant.
23. Tomato plant is one of my favourite smells.
24. I like to make soup, but don’t like to eat it so much.
25. My first proper concert was U2 at Wembly stadium. I passed out in the line to get in, lost all my friends and couldn’t remember where the bus was parked to get home. I did manage to find the bus though and enjoyed my first concert by myself!
26. I don’t really like running, but I do like it when I am done.
27. I have done 3 half marathons.
28. I have no desire to do a full marathon.
29. I did a Mud Run once and it was the most terrifying most exhilirating run I have ever done and it took a week to get rid of all the mud!
30. I like it when people wish me a good day.
31. I don’t like it when people don’t hold the door when I am right behind them.
32. If I am not into a book by about page 30, I give up on it! Sometimes it takes me a few duff book choices to find one I get into.
33. I don’t buy cookies very often because eating the whole lot is not a challenge for me!
34. I really wish I knew more about the numbers I use on my ‘proper’ camera.
35. I live my life by lists.
36. I like to paint and play around with brush script.
37. I love to thrift shop, some of my best clothing items are from Goodwill.
38. I love to find treasures at yard sales and estate sales. Tins of buttons are true treasure in my department.
39. I started to dye my hair in my twenties.
40. I stopped dyeing it in April of this year, the last of the dye is still there but nearly all gone.
41. I thought grey hair would scare me, but it doesn’t.
42. My favourite English biscuits are Party Rings.
43. My favourite food is ramen (no, not the packets….!).
44. I can’t walk in high heels for the life of me.
45. I love magazines, especially Frankie, Red, Jamie Oliver’s magazine and Flow.