We are often so self doubting in the parenting department, each book and advice filled blog telling us something we should or absolutely should not be doing. Are we doing too much or too little? Pushing the kids too much or not enough? Phew, it is exhausting to think about. So, let’s have a little think about all the fab things we do and how well we do them.
Are you a Mum? I bet there are a million reasons why you are a good Mum, want to share? Leave a comment or write a post and leave me a link in the comments. Don’t be modest, go for it!
Here are 15 of my Good Mum moments.
1. My 13 year old still talks to me and walks with me and sometimes even listens to me. We went to Warped tour 2014 this summer and had a great time!
2. I go into the creek in my wellies in all weather (except flooding weather..) with my 9 year old to hunt for cool stuff like rocks, crayfish and marbles (we find quite a few marbles down there!).
3. I trawl the library online system for books I think my boys will like. At the minute it is graphic novels and stamp and coin collecting books.
4. I take them to giant candy stores and let them choose (within reason….)
5. I read to my 9 year old every night and I will be super sad when he no longer wants me to. I am not yet over the loss of reading picture books.
6. I will help build any Playmobil/army base when and where it is needed! Outside in the mud or inside on the carpet, bases will be built.
7. All birthday cakes are home made and ‘designed’ by me.
9. I will help build Lego or Mega Bloks following the instructions with minimal swearing.
10. I take cookie or cake requests and make them. Double chocolate muffins are the current favourite along with Snickerdoodles.
11. Every time I make coffee, I make enough for my teen and me!
12. We walk to school every day rain, shine, snow or ice! Keeping up starts my day with a little jog! Yes, I know this photo is completely out of focus, but I love that it captures the racing bike through the woods with so much action.
13. I bravely vacuum spider webs from under the bunk beds.
14. I remind them of upcoming tests and deadlines for school.
15. I go on school field trips and take way too many photos. In fact there is a field trip this week and they don’t need parents and I am gutted! I wonder if I beg them, I can go?!
Your turn. Why are you an amazing Mum or Dad? So many reasons, tell me all of them!