I am seriously thinking of letting my hair go to it’s natural colour which I think will be an alarming grey/white/brown mix. Do you dye your hair? Ever thought of going natural or do you get just enough grey peeking through to make you rush to the salon or to buy a box of dye?
One of my blogger pals over in sunny Australia got me thinking about all of this, check out her blog at That Summer Feeling, she is def going to let her hair go to it’s natural colour and I am going to join her. There, I said it, Michelle I am in!
Reasons to go au naturel in the hair department, embrace the grey and, let’s face it, the white.
1. I am fascinated to see what is under the Feria Power Red, I haven’t seen my natural colour in about twenty years when it was brown. All over brown. Brown all over. No grey. Definitely no white.
2. If I have some good white lengths, I can put colour on with hair chalk, purple which will be temporary, the new blue rinse!
3. I won’t have to smell hair dye ever again. Never, never, never. The heady smell of ammonia, I won’t miss you.
4. I get a white parting almost immediately after I colour my hair and usually have to dye it every 4 – 6 weeks.
5. Towels will not be pink every time I wash my hair!
Now to visit the reasons why I might run straight to the hair dye aisle and grab a box of colour.
1. I will look 100 years old.
2. I will need a ton of make – up including lipstick, which I don’t object to, but I am not sure I can maintain a made up face every day, especially in the summer when everything just sweats off. Plus I don’t want to look I am desperately wearing make up in a bid to look less than 100 years old.
3. I will have hair the texture of a wire cleaning pad.
4. I will look 100 years old.
5. The colour is dark, I don’t want it to be too dark, I am actually hoping it is more profoundly white in areas, I am not a fan of the ‘salt and pepper’ look. Did I mention I don’t want to look old….
So far I have about 1cm of ‘natural’, therefore I am sporting the look of a person who has forgotten to dye their hair or is in denial or is a crazy woman heading towards her natural colour.
Here are a few things I wonder.
What on earth will it look like?
Will the grey/white be in organized streaks or in a random pattern of old lady chaos. I am heading towards a Cruella de Ville or a George Clooney?
What is a good style for grey? Long like a gorgeous boho yoga teacher, short like Jamie Lee Curtis or a super funky cut like a super funky person who just happens to have grey hair?
Will the sun fade my hair into a cool surfer girl grey colour?
How long will it take to answer any of these questions?
Crikey there are alot of questions buzzing around my partly grey head. Have you ever pondered any of them? What do you think?
Oh, and in case you are worried about that crushed dye box in the photo, I smoothed it out, taped it back together and replaced the contents. You know. Just in case.