The end of the year, a time to reflect on 2013 and look forward to 2014.
What to do, what to make, how to do, how to create?
Do you make resolutions? I do and I write them all down, I think that is so that I can look back the following year and roll my eyes at them. Last year I wrote ‘100 things I want to do in 2013’ in my notebook. I can see you rolling your eyes, and that’s ok, because I am doing the same thing!
I always include the regulars, the mainstays of resolutions and the New Year. Loose weight, exercise more, eat better. Then I have my own mainstays which I really really do want to do, but often don’t, like writing more, sketching more, drinking more water (why oh why can I not get my brain to drink more water, how hard can this be? Too hard for me apparently.) If you need evidence, look at my post from last year!
Here are five of my resolutions for 2014. Ta da!
1. No more drinking. That is the drinking of alcohol, not no more drinking anything, because that would be silly and possibly death inducing which would be a really bad resolution.
2. Write every day. Oh boy, I think I say this one every year and I do it for maybe a week, then, well, I don’t. I have lots of spanky new notebooks (yes, I meant actual writing, with a pen, on pages), so I simply need to pick one and go go go. Write away and you never know, the nonsense may evolve into something.
3. Draw. Sketch. Design. I need to think up new things to make this year for CatsEatDogs. I am thinking completely new, not even jewelry. I know, exciting stuff!
4. Print and arrange my photos. I am thinking of using the ‘Project Life’ system, but that is officially scrapbooking and I am not ready to be a ‘scrapbooker’ I don’t think. If I could just get into the habit of printing once a week, that wouldn’t be so hard. Would it? Let’s see.
5. De-clutter and stay that way. I might need to order a dumpster for this one!
Blimey, that is a lofty list of goals and ideas. Wonder if I can do them, any of them?
Check back in a year and see. I mean not only in a year, please come and visit here whenever you want, bring a friend, have a look around, have a cup of tea and a biscuit. Share your resolutions, we can work on them together!
Happy happy happy 2014 to all of you!