1. Pom poms can be made into anything! Look I made a fox, don’t know what he says though… I have also made a ghost and a caterpillar and I have lots more pom pom items in my brain, just waiting to pop out.
2. It is a good idea to use a diary with a blank page with each weekly date page, now I can make even more lists to ignore, except these are in the diary, taunting me until I actually clean the bathroom.
3. I have learnt how to use photoshop for useful stuff, basic stuff, but I can do things using the dreaded photoshop now that I couldn’t even a few months ago. I mean I can put pictures on a page and add text. I can even add text to the picture if I want to be that daring. Yay me!
4. I have learnt how to use a ton of photo apps on the phone/iPad. I have since learnt to use them less.
5. Not so much learnt from courses, apart from you don’t have to do every course out there. I signed up for a few courses at the beginning of the year expecting miracles to happen when I had completed them. Mega sales on Etsy, blog stardom, photography genius. Expectations too high? A little. Well, I learnt after much scribbling and thinking about said scribbles and notes, that the best way is to just do it. There it is again. I do refer back to the more useful courses as I ‘just do it’, but it is mainly a case of getting on with blogging, photography, selling stuff and picking up information as I go. Places I constantly refer back to are JustB Blog school, Click it Up a Notch and Create and Thrive.
6. Writing a blog post a day is sometimes really hard, really really hard. Hence the many photo heavy posts lately…
7. Getting mail, actual mail, from someone you actually know is still one of the best things ever.
8. Sitting at the table with a sketchbook, pens and my kids is a great time together.
9. I am still the slowest reader in the whole world.
10. I don’t like getting magazines on the iPad. I never read them, I need them on the table so I can just grab it and flick through, have a quick read and put it down again. I have about three issues of The Simple Things on my iPad and I can’t even do a simple thing like read them (see what I did there! Ha).
What have you learnt this year?