Well well well, looks like I got me an award! Whoop!
I have been nominated by the lovely www.blueribbonfair.wordpress.com for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
and shock, gasp The Versatile Blogger Award
I must (no really, I must, it is in the rules) nominate others for the same awards and it has been an easy and joyous task picking these blogs out!
I have to confess when I saw that I had to find 15 deserving blogs, I thought I might have to start digging about. Absolutely not, all of the blogs I have listed I have read and I enjoy reading them and the photos, stories, photographs, crafts, recipes and general fabulousness contained within each.
Some of these bloggers I have met and started to read through participating in the JustB blog school headed up by Pip Lincolne of Meet Me At Mikes. Without the blog school I am almost certain that I would be posting once a month at the most and my blog would be a wandering mess. As it is, I am very proud of my spiffy blog and am equally proud to nominate these 15 spiffy blogs.
I have lots to work on and every day I find some other new idea to add to my blog either as content or a little something I need to add to my presentation. I have discovered blog hops, link – ups, buttons, swaps and now awards! So much to learn and improve and work on. It all makes my brain hurt and I love it all! So here are the wonderful blogs I am nominating along with a single word of description for each!
Home To Roost crafts
London Bakes delicious
Make Do Sew ideas
Poppy Fox at Home lovely
Tea and Garlands photos
House of Nic Nax pretty
Pikelet Workshop savvy
HellKat Designs meow
Nelles Little Big Things inspiring
Random Acts of Zen crystal
Crafty Hope makes
Instead of an Onion life
Doodles and Jots illustrations
There’s a catch for all of you lovely award winners (not really, just stuff to do!). The rules of the awards are:
1. Display the logos of the awards on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirement.
Here are my seven things
1. I am a Brit abroad, living in the Mid West of America, originally from Lincoln, England.
2. I have a degree in Fashion Design
3. I am a jewelry designer and my little business is called catseatdogs
4. In the 80’s I was a goth, but I couldn’t get my hair to stand up on end, even when I had attacked it with crimpers (ha, remember them!?)
Oh my, would you look at that. 1984 in all of it’s glory! Note the floppy, not spikey hair..
5. I wish I could draw well.
6. Baking is my guaranteed pick me up!
7. I love to treasure hunt yard sales, estate sales, jumble sales, charity shops, junk shops, flea markets and antique shops.
Antique scales in Horncastle, England